The goal of the company is to help the school community better manage student workload and wellness and facilitate meaningful discussion based on real data. The product provides insight to all stakeholders
- Administrators can view student workload information across the school, as well as for individual students
- Teachers can view their classes and their students' workloads and schedules
- Students can view their assignments and assessments in a personalized view
- Parents can view their children's assignments and assessments
We started the company as we worked with a school in Palo Alto, CA, who needed an Assessment Calendar. They had a policy that no student should have more than 2 tests on any given day, but found it very challenging to implement this policy as they lacked the tools that could provide them the insight and visibility necessary. As we worked with more schools, we expanded our focus around the broader goal of student "workload and wellness". We are encouraged to see that so many schools care deeply about this.
Here is brief summary of Rjenda's solution.
Rjenda is a patent-pending, online software solution that helps schools proactively manage student workload and schedules across their academic and extracurricular activities. With Rjenda, teachers, advisors, deans, and school administrators can identify students with potential workload hot spots early and take action to mitigate workload peaks and the resulting stress. Students and parents can view a personalized planner via the web or mobile device. Rjenda is easy to use and cost-effective to deploy.
Rjenda's unique solution includes -
- Assessment Calendar: Teachers can view the assessment load of the students in each of their classes and more effectively schedule assessments to avoid workload peaks for their students. Schools can monitor the effectiveness of their assessment policies that no student should have more than a given number of assessments on any given day.
- Homework Tracking: Teachers can post homework assignments for their classes, including supporting documents and the estimated time to complete each assignment. Students can also enter personal notes, mark when complete, and enter the actual time to complete each assignment.
- Student Planner: All students have access to a personalized planner across their academic and extracurricular activities. This is available via the web as well as a mobile application (iPhone, iPAD and iPod Touch)
- Workload Analytics: Administrators, teachers, and advisers gain rich insight into individual and aggregate student workload using several unique analytics that focus on workload peaks, workload exceptions, and the spread and frequency of assessments and assignments.
- Library and Communication: Teachers can post their class materials (files and URL links) in an electronic library for each class section. Students can access the library for any of their classes in one convenient place via the web or mobile device. For simple communication, teachers can post messages for their students which are shared online and/or sent via email.
- Engagement: Teachers, students and parents can now engage in more meaningful fact-based discussions around workload and wellness.